Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Another 14 months and little progress but thought I'd take a step back and fill in some blanks with pictures I've taken along the way.

This is the final layer of yellow cedar being spiled working my way aft.  Once I had every piece laying the way I liked, I'd lay down tick marks for reference, then remove, glue, and re-apply a couple veneers at a time.
 
I then sanded off and on for weeks when I had 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there, eventually getting it where I though it should be.  To make sure I lightly sprayed a dusting of gray primer and re-sanded, followed by 3 coats of epoxy over 4oz. fiberglass cloth.

Time for couple coats of 2 part epoxy primer
2 coats of Pettit Brightside, rolled and tipped

Re-established the waterline and applied a couple coats of bottom paint

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment